[热点探讨]PLAXIS讨论专栏。 [复制链接]

上一主题 下一主题
离线civilwyf

发帖
土币
威望
原创币
只看该作者 12楼 发表于: 2007-06-01
回楼上的兄弟,plaxis的foundation和tunnel可以模拟3维的,而且功能也很强大!我目前在学习foundation,大家可以多多交流!
                                                      爱老婆,爱岩土!
离线li_kaifang

发帖
土币
威望
原创币
只看该作者 13楼 发表于: 2007-06-01
学习中,谢谢斑竹
离线civilwyf

发帖
土币
威望
原创币
只看该作者 14楼 发表于: 2007-06-04
原文如下--
Q:
I'm running an earthquake analysis using the dynamics module. I have, though, two questions for which I could find no answers in the manual:
1. How can you look at output from intermediate steps?
2. How can you view animated output? The manual describes how to create animation, but not how to view it.
A:
1.)    The analysis of intermediate steps is explained in the faq, bulletin number 9.
2.)    2.) After selecting the option 'create animation' from the 'view' menu a window appears in which the phases of the calculation are shown and can be selected for making an animation.
Select the phases of interest and press 'OK'.
A small window will appear that shows the amount of time left until completion of the animation.
Upon completion, the animation is automatically started.
The animation file is created with the extension .AVI and is placed in the .DTA directory of your problem.
Q:
I have a typical excavation problem, soil layers separated by a vertical wall. On one side excavation is going on with water table lowering 2 ft below at each step, on the other side the water table remain constant. My questions is when perform the first step of excavation, in order to generate water pressure via phreatic level, what is the "correct" way to do it near the wall? (Due to unknown permeability parameters, we don't want to use Groundwater flow to generate water pressure.)

Should my phreatic level follow the wall excactly (a vertical phreatic level? which seems to be theoretically not correct), or should I intentionally make it slightly slanted? ( 1 ft off laterally or make it 89 degree instead of 90 degree)

From my experiment, these two methods produces roughly the same results anywhere. However, in the water pressure input window, after you draw a vertical phreatic line,
some external water pressure is shown on both the wall side and the bottom of excavation. They both take the triangular shapes.

What do these pressure diagram mean? Where are these pressure applied to? The Wall or the soil behind the wall?

One funny thing is the pressure applied vertically downward the excavation. On the point near the wall it shows a water pressure based on water head of the unexcavated side. On the point away from the wall it shows a water pressure based on the 2-ft-below-excavation. This external water pressure (according to Plaxis manual is only defined at two end points) is a significant number. I assume this load only could make a huge difference. However, there is almost no difference in two analyses.
Also if I specify my phreatic line slightly slanted, the external pressure on the wall also disappeared? So what is going on with this "external pressure diagrams"
To make it clear:1st way of phreatic line:(-200, 0)---(0,0)--(0,-31)--(50,-31)
2nd way of phreatic line:(-200, 0)---(-1,0)--(0,-31)--(50,-31) Wall (0,6)--(0,-55)

A:
I was wondering whether you have considered few important points while generating external water pressure through General Phreatic Level option. They are
1. If the phreatic level crosses the boundary in a non-existing geometry point, the external water pressures cannot be calculated accurately. (refer to Page 3-61, Reference Manual, Plaxis 2D-Version 8).
2. Thus, while creating geometry model introduce extra geometry points for phreatic level boundary. Then, define the phreatic level by using these geometry points.
3. Then generate external pressure using different phreatic lines (slanted or vertical following excavation boundary) and you will see the difference.
4. Always keep it in mind that the phreatic level is nothing but the level where the water pressure is zero and below its the water pressure increases linearly with depth according to the specified water weight (i.e. the pressure variation is assumed to be hydrostatic).
This water pressure is taken into consideration while calculating stress in the soil body or any structure, thus exist in the model.
The disipation of water pressure to the load applied depends on the drained or undrained condition. In case of undrained condition (general general calculation practise in fine grained soils) excess water pressure generated while in case of drained condition, the water excess water pressure is generally compensated with the settlement (or deformation) in the soil body.
5. If you are already aware of the above things and the problem still persist in your model then please revert back with the exact input condition of your model.

A:
" 4. Always keep it in mind that the phreatic level is nothing but the level where the water pressure is zero and below its the water pressure increases linearly with depth according to the specified water weight (i.e. the pressure variation is assumed to be hydrostatic). "

I think that is an important point. I don't know how plaxis is coded. But to me, if a vertical phreatic line is specified, it seems that the program is confused about which point to use as the zero-pressure-point for calculation of water pressure along that vertical line.
And it is confused with vertical phreatic line as I observed the pore pressures along the line.

I have been able to circumvent the problem by specifying a discontinuous phreatic line via cluster phreatic line. It worked well. But a little bit more time consuming.

Another thing I observed with vertical phreatic line (or slightly slanted phreatic line) is that it generate a large gradient of water pressure either upstream or downstream. I suspect that may leads to numerical problems. However if no numerical issues ever happen at last, then it still provide a good approximation.

I also noticed that it is suggest that a phreatic line should pass through an existing point/line to obtain desirable accuracy. I have tried to avoid using additional geometry lines, since that generates an additional layer. I put some additional geometry points instead.

Still I wonder if the phreatic line does not pass the exact geometry point/line, how much the error is. If the error is propotional to the element size of the element crossed by the phreatic line, then probably it is still not too bad. If the error is propotional to the distance between the two closes existing geometry point, it may be very large. But I suspect that
the error should be decided by the element size.

A:
While I fully agree with what Mr S K Panda has written, I would like to add the following points.
You said "Due to unknown permeability parameters, we don't want to use Groundwater flow to generate water pressure". My comments are:
1. before we carry out an analysis we should at least have an idea what the soil is, being sandy soil or clayey soil. Although we know that the permeability of a soil can vary by orders of magnitude, the typical range of permeability of sandy and clayey soils can still be found from a text book.
2. the Groundwater flow function in PAXIS Professional is to establish the steady state pore pressure distribution. If the soil is very sandy then the Groundwater flow function is applicable to your case, where steady state flownet can be established quickly within the excavation. Therefore, a high pore pressure gradient is built up beneath the excavation base which may impose a boiling/uplift problem. On the other hand, if the soil is very clayey then the steady state condition may not be reached in short time. But you have to specify the clay to undrained behaviour where excess pore pressure can be generated within the excavation. If the excavation is to be carried out for a sufficient long time, then a Consolidation type calculation has to be carried out to model the swelling of the clay within the excavation (i.e. dissipation of the excess pore pressure which is suction). For the Consolidation type calculation you have to do the Groundwater flow calculation to let the analysis know towards what steady state pore pressure condition it is consolidating to.
If I am not mistaken you had drawn the phreatic line in the fashion “horizontal (retained ground surface) – vertical (along the wall face) – horizontal (excavation base). Then you generated the pore pressure by the “Phreatic line” option. The pore pressure distribution that you had generated was theoretically wrong, as the pore pressure distribution shows a steep gradient across the toe of the wall. The pore pressure distribution within the excavation tends to be low, which may underestimate the boiling problem. You can manually calculate the pore pressure at the wall toe using the “linear seepage approximation”, for which the formula can be easily found from a standard soil mechanics text book. Then you can specify the manually calculated pore pressure distribution using the “User defined pore pressure distribution” function in PLAXIS, which is very straightforward.

Please bear in mind that your previous method of specifying the Phreatic line “horizontal – vertical – horizontal” could be detrimental to your design for deep excavation, as you may seriously underestimate the high pore pressure gradient (i.e. boiling problem) within the excavation.
The problem associated with the specification of a vertical phreatic line is common to FE software packages. In PLAXIS, you can specify the line slightly slanted (such as 89.99 degree) to eliminate this tedious problem. If you are still not sure with the pore pressure generated then you can always draw a cross-section line immediately next to the wall to check the pore pressure acting behind and in front of the wall.
Last comment. Why don’t we just do a hand calculation first before jumping into more sophisticated FE modelling, considering that we still don’t understand what the soil is.

A:
The problem I am working on seems to be different than what you are assuming. It's a slurry wall to bottom of rock with water
cutoff. There is little water flow if not perfectly impervious. While the permeability pamameter of the Rock layer is not available.

Instead of grabbing some textbook permeabilities, I think its more conservative to use phreatic line to generate pore water pressure.

My current way of generationg pore pressure is to specify different phreatic lines for each cluster. Which generates no gradient (exactly horizontal active pore pressure contour in both the excavation side or the retained soil side.

Also from the general methodology point of view; about the following points you mentioned, I have some interesting observations.

" If I am not mistaken you had drawn the phreatic line in the fashion “horizontal (retained ground surface) – vertical (along the wall face) – horizontal (excavation base). Then you generated the pore pressure by the “Phreatic line” option. The pore pressure distribution that you had generated was theoretically wrong..."

" In PLAXIS, you can specify the line slightly slanted (such as 89.99 degree) to eliminate this tedious problem."

The first way (horizontal-vertical-horizontal phreatic line) leads to a large gradient at the excavation side. The 2nd way (89.99 degree) leads to a large gradient at the retained soil side. This seems to be different from what you as pointed out, instead, the 1st way is more likely associated with soil boiling problems.

Try the 2nd way (89.99 degree), and I bet you won't see the water pressure gradient downstream (or the excavation side).

In general I agree with you that a steady state flow model is more realistic. But we'd better have enough good parameters to do that.

Hand calculation, hmm, what do you suggest we shall check for? The water pressure or something else? For more complicated geometry, its gonna be a little bit difficult. Again I agree with you that we can't rely on the computer program too much.

A:
It seemed to me that I have misunderstood your typical excavation problem. I thought there is a retaining wall for which the wall toe is not founded on rockhead. This means there is flow around the toe of the wall.

In your case if you are confident that the flow beneath the wall toe could be reasonably cut off then I fully agree with you that Groundwater flow calculation is not necessary. Your previous method of specifying the pore presssure is reasonable. The boiling problem is unlikely in your case.
                                                      爱老婆,爱岩土!
离线civilwyf

发帖
土币
威望
原创币
只看该作者 15楼 发表于: 2007-06-06
嘿嘿,想高手学习
摘自仿真论坛,想里面的高手学习
xjiang01 :Plaxis中土体的模量可以根据深度调整,这个Yref怎么取?是不是自然地坪?

mygeotech :在Yref的地方,其cohesion或是模量就等于输入的参考值。你可以在后处理中,采取选用显示stress point的选项来查看相关的cohesion或是模量值。

changqing :应根据试验成果取用Yref。

starsmoon :to changqing:

我现在是采用的是地质报告上的强度参数(固结快剪指标),是不是根据土样的深度来定义Yref。
我看了一下reference,上面不是很清楚。不知道你具体是怎么做得?赐教!

changqing :如果试验成果明确提出强度随深度线性变化,并给出不同深度的参数值,可以按照深度来定义。如果变化很大,没有规律性,最好采用不同的土层模拟。

tunnel :岩体强度随埋深的增加而增加,一般给出的强度应该有一个埋置深度,Hoek-Brown岩体模型对此分析的相当明确,两者是线形关系,具体参考Material manual.
                                                      爱老婆,爱岩土!
离线civilwyf

发帖
土币
威望
原创币
只看该作者 16楼 发表于: 2007-06-06
tyuuiii :1.强度折减法,用增量位移,怎么查看那一个滑面是最危险的?因为得出安全系数应该相对于最危险面而说的,但是它并未标出对应那个滑面.
2.边坡中,软弱夹层及断层分别用什么模拟?岩体中强,弱风化带怎么处理的?

Fle_Flo (soaring_hor) :1、滑面的概念虽然有一定的实践依据,但毕竟是极限平衡法抽象出来的概念。
2、强度折减法的思路与极限平衡法是不同的,不存在 "最"危险面的问题,但是滑动带是有的。
3、可以参考郑颖人院士的有关文章。
                                                      爱老婆,爱岩土!
离线civilwyf

发帖
土币
威望
原创币
只看该作者 17楼 发表于: 2007-06-06
check0120 :請問一下
我在設好參數候
要執行mesh
卻出現I/O error 32的訊號
請問是哪擬出錯了
請告知幫忙

mygeotech :
你是不是没有save到harddisk?
                                                      爱老婆,爱岩土!
离线civilwyf

发帖
土币
威望
原创币
只看该作者 18楼 发表于: 2007-06-06
如何利用plaxis计算路基施工及固结沉降?
xjiang01 :一填方路基,高度为4m,假定按1m/步进行分步填筑,其中每步施工期为1.5月,路基填空筑完毕后,固结15年,请问如何利用plaxis进行该路基的工后沉降计算?
主要存在的问题:
1、施工期限是如何考虑的,似乎只有选择soft soil creep model材料模式后,方可考虑施工期限(蠕变时间),其余本构模式均假定填土荷载是瞬时施加的。
2、将固结15年后路基顶面沉降值与施工完毕时路基顶面沉降值相减是否即为工后沉降,那么施工补填(或超填)是如何考虑的?plaxis程序能够自动考虑施工中存在的补填?
请指教,谢谢!

theis :这个用z_soil是很容易实现的.
有个问题不明白,(我没用过palxis)
是要考虑固结还是蠕变
不知道plaxis里面的蠕变模型是什么?
要输入哪些参数?
好像对于实际的工程,固结的参数应该更经验化,更可用吧
不知道为什么选用蠕变模型

mygeotech :1. 这个不用soft soil creep model,用soft soil model即可.plaxis82可以进行coupled analysis,考虑施工的时间. plaxis72好像不可以,但你可以先做一个plastic analysis(加荷载),然后进行一个施工期的consolidation analysis.这个也是大体能模拟.
2.将固结15年后路基顶面沉降值与施工完毕时路基顶面沉降值相减是应该是固结沉降吧. 补填在plaxis中好像是不可以自动考虑的.

rinna :如果要算蠕变的话用afena吧, plaxis算蠕变也是很差劲的。因为他没有办法考虑土体蠕变特有的strain rate approach特性而只是trace已知的变形曲线

tlchen :工后沉降包括固结和次固结. 不要把注意力只放在蠕变上.
                                                      爱老婆,爱岩土!
离线civilwyf

发帖
土币
威望
原创币
只看该作者 19楼 发表于: 2007-06-06
从新加坡尼诰大道塌陷谈谈PLAXIS的缺陷
临时墙壁倒塌,使支撑尼诰大道地铁站附近的地下工地结构如骨牌倒塌,连同尼诰大道(Nicoll Highway)的一大片路面也下陷30公尺,双程方向交通全面中断。这起历来最严重的地铁工程意外造成1人死,3人轻伤,另3人失踪。民防部队出动百多名拯救人员,连同搜救犬搜寻和抢救受困地下工地废墟的3个人。到截稿为止,还没有他们的下落,但搜寻工作将彻夜进行。

坍塌路面100公尺长,150公尺宽,有两个足球场大。马路东面的地铁站工地也受波及,地面崩陷。路面坍塌地点是黄金地带购物中心后面的路段,距离独立桥(Merdeka Bridge)大约半公里,离拟建中的尼诰大道地铁站约250公尺。那里正在进行地铁环线的工事。

该项目中使用了plaxis软件计算其深开挖的最大侧向唯一变形,用了elastic and perfectly plastic Mohr-Coulomb model,参数采用了有效应力参数。 事故后发现实际侧向位移变形被plaxis计算严重低估,这被视作是事故的原因之一。

现在已经公认的是,plaxis中的elastic and perfectly plastic Mohr-Coulomb model,当参数采用了有效应力参数时,会导致低估超孔隙水压力,进而高估土体强度,最终得到偏小的位移变形。

希望现在正用plaxis的同志门,要认识到这一点。需要指出的是,当采用总应力参数时,elastic and perfectly plastic Mohr-Coulomb model是正确的。

最好是,用plaxis中比较advanced的model,例如soft soil model。其基本类似于Camclay model,我一直用的都是这个。

Jeffjia:如楼主所言,如果总应力一定,低估总孔隙压力,其有效应力应该较大才是啊, 难道当初计算时就没有考虑孔隙压力?

mygeotech  :用有效应力指标,就是在计算中考虑了由于荷载而引起的超孔隙水压力。

由于超孔隙水压力被低估,进而有效应力被高估,这样根据Mohr-Coulomb理论,土体强度就被高估了,这样就使算出来的位移变形偏小。

lotus :PLAXIS本身没有错,错在用的人对土力学了解不深. 这也说明用有限元看起来容易,但是没有足够的专业知识用起来会很危险的. 特别是plaxis这个软件,用起来很方便,前处理和后处理都很好,就是那些没有学过多少岩土工程的人也会很快就学会了,也是plaxis能够快速被接受的一个重要原因. 现在plaxis的主要问题是牛人对它的流固耦合这一块一直都觉得有问题.所以现在出了个plaxflow,两个联合用可能会好些.

tsintsun :我们计算基坑开挖问题,plaxis一般都采用总应力法计算,模型采用mohr-cloumb模型。但是计算的过程中参数的计算要参考启明星的计算结果。有限元程序关键在参数,因此,要有可以判断的东西。对于plaxis考虑水位计算的结果一直抱以怀疑的态度,因为计算后水位不变,感觉像在水中开挖基坑。希望高手赐教。
[ 此贴被civilwyf在2007-06-06 14:01重新编辑 ]
                                                      爱老婆,爱岩土!
离线civilwyf

发帖
土币
威望
原创币
只看该作者 20楼 发表于: 2007-06-06
PLAXIS使用中的基本概念问题
lxp1974 :RESET DISPLACEMENT TO ZERO
This option should be selected when irrelevant displacements of previous calculation steps are to be disregarded at the beginning of the current calculation phase, so that the new calculation starts from a zero displacement field. For example, deformations due to gravity loading are physically meaningless. Hence, this option is usually chosen after Gravity loading to remove these displacements. If the option is not selected then incremental displacements occurring in the current calculation phase will be added to those of the previous phase. The selection of the Reset displacements to zero option does not influence the stress field.
按照英文的含义指在该选项用于去除上一阶段的位移,将本阶段计算的位移从0开始,不采用该项时则incremental displacements会产生累加。且该选项不影响应力分布。但是问题在于:选用了该选项后,在OUTPUT子程序中
1:The Total displacements are the total vectorial displacements |u| at all nodes at the end of the current calculation step,
2: The Total increments are the vectorial displacement increments |u| at all nodes as calculated for the current calculation step,
  按照上述的解释,我认为两者得到的值应该一致,但是实际确相差很大,对此到底应该如何理解和分析啊?Total displacements和The Total increments 到底应该如何理解这两个基本概念啊?
  请各位多多指点,谢谢了

mygeotech :Total displacements是指某一节点在计算后的总位移,而Total increments 是指某一节点在某一个step中所产生的位移。要理解这一点必须搞清楚plaxis是怎么计算的。

在plaxis中一个calculation phase分成了几个step来完成,至于多少个step以及如何选择侧是由程序自动完成的,用户不能干涉。而对于每个step又由若干个iterations组成,以达到力平衡。

由此看见,对于Total displacements,它是在计算结束后节点在所有step中产生位移的总和,也就是总位移。而Total increments 就是在计算的最后一个step所产生的位移。所以两者是完全不一样的。

至于选项‘RESET DISPLACEMENT TO ZERO’,其主要作用就是让在产生初始应力场时所产生的位移归零。

lxp1974 :首先感谢斑竹的赐教,另外的问题是:
如斑竹所说:“Total displacements是指某一节点在计算后的总位移”,那么在计算阶段先设定了选项‘RESET DISPLACEMENT TO ZERO’,则得到的Total displacements是否就是在该计算阶段所得到的各节点的总的位移?

mygeotech  :是的,从设定了选项‘RESET DISPLACEMENT TO ZERO’开始到一个calculation phase结束。一般选项‘RESET DISPLACEMENT TO ZERO’都是设置在第一个calculation phase里。

changqing :补充一点,一般在求得初始应力分布后,设定‘RESET DISPLACEMENT TO ZERO’选项。
一个是总量的概念,另一个阶段的增量,在分时段问题中,前一段时间的压缩已经完成,位移不应该记入.
                                                      爱老婆,爱岩土!
离线civilwyf

发帖
土币
威望
原创币
只看该作者 21楼 发表于: 2007-06-06
有几个问题请教一下斑竹
1plaxis能否在建模时模拟不规则地形
2stage construction 中phase 阶段无法收敛 应如何处理 比如改变界面中的某些选项
3二衬如何处理

leleo (leo) :楼上指的不规则地形是什么意思?
如果是非水平地面2维的没问题,三维还算不了
收敛不了先调误差跟最大步数
楼上做隧道的吧,二衬不太了解

Fle_Flo (soaring_hor):1、PLAXIS几何模型只能是直线连起的图形。如山坡表面就需要用折线近似。
隧道模型则可以是直线和圆弧线的任意封闭组合。
2、造成无法收敛的原因很多,可能是mesh单元划分的不协调,可能是材料参数问题,可能是计算过程参数问题。单元划分问题可以尝试一下修改单元划分,局部细化或粗化mesh。
3、加了二衬就是衬砌材料参数有改变罢了。
                                                      爱老婆,爱岩土!
离线civilwyf

发帖
土币
威望
原创币
只看该作者 22楼 发表于: 2007-06-06
plaxis模拟复合地基的问题
kelkel :我想用平面应变模型来模拟加筋土地基,
426的沉管桩,梅花形满堂布置,上面铺设土工格栅,
想获得沉降量,不均匀沉降,桩土荷载分担比的情况以及侧向位移,看看地基两侧隆起的情况
现在的问题是:怎么样来处理桩?圆桩要等效成方桩,梅花形布置要等效成矩形布置?桩要用plate来模拟,如何等效?
请高手指点一下阿,或者推荐点文章给我看看。
谢谢昂

xjiang01 :注意几个技术细节:
1.圆桩等效为方桩;
2.正三角形布置等效为正方形布置;
3.桩的空间分布等效果为平面应变;
4.格栅用内嵌的geogrid单元模拟;
5.筋-土界面,桩-土界面用interface单元模拟;
6.桩可用soil cluster模拟;
7.分步填筑可用staged constrction实现
                                                      爱老婆,爱岩土!
离线civilwyf