Road above Circle Line construction site caves in [复制链接]

上一主题 下一主题
离线gcoast

发帖
土币
威望
原创币
只看楼主 倒序阅读 使用道具 楼主  发表于: 2008-05-28
SINGAPORE: A section of the road above a Circle Line construction site near Holland Road caved in on Saturday morning, creating a massive hole. >WLHw!I!6  
D/=k9[b!  
The hole, directly in front of two private houses along Cornwall Gardens Road, measured 8 by 7 metres and is 3 metres deep. )Cat$)I#,  
xZY7X&C4  
No one was injured but the road is temporarily closed to traffic. YI`BA`BQ8  
>x6)AH.  
According to the Land Transport Authority, tunnelling work about 25 metres under the road was in progress when it caved in. The tunnelling work is part of the last few stages of the Circle Line construction in the area, between Holland and Farrer Road stations. QKhGEW~G  
(g&@E(@]?  
LTA engineers and contractors have assessed the situation there and they confirmed that there is no risk to residents in the area. But LTA advises the public to avoid the road. Work is underway to fill up the hole and LTA is monitoring the situation. c^&4m[?C[u  
{ `xC~B h  
LTA apologises for any inconvenience caused to motorists and residents in the Cornwall Gardens area. 7fXJP5j  
]re}EB\Rs  
One family, whose house is right in front of the cave-in, said they noticed a huge crack at about 8.30pm on Friday before that section of the road collapsed at about 5am the next day. 4P"XT  
X<5&R{oZ  
"This morning (when) I woke up... my little brother and I went out to look and there was a huge hole in the road about 20 feet long and maybe 10 feet wide and it is filled with water," said 14-year-old Eliot Sperling. c`/=)IO4%  
p=^6V"'  
Eliot and his brother, Owen, said that after the incident, their water supply and Internet connection was cut off. wEN[o18{  
H7k@Br  
Three other households in the area also lost their access to cable TV and Internet as the cables were severed after the accident. RS#C4NG  
> 6=3y4tP  
938LIVE understands it may take weeks before the cable wires can be restored. 4TYtgP1  
oKH+Q6S:  
LTA has offered one of the affected families transport and temporary hotel accommodation to minimise further inconvenience. @sW!g;\T  
LDYa{w-t  
This is not the first time roads have caved in near tunnelling works of the Circle Line. '4,IGxIq  
fsWIz1K  
Last year, the Building and Construction Authority issued a stop-work order for the Telok Blangah site after a stretch of the road, about 7 metres long, sank 20 centimetres. - CNA/938LIVE. 3_ .%NgES|  
\(&&ed:  
n&a\mGF  
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/349771/1/.html
1条评分
yuanap 土币 +20 2008-05-28
离线li_kaifang

发帖
土币
威望
原创币
只看该作者 1楼 发表于: 2008-05-28
谢谢楼主 n,LM"N: